Written in the simple style that makes Andrew Matthews books so popular this book sifts through the many complex issues of being a teenager and presents them in an easy to read and fun way. It really makes sense of a time in life that can be quite confusing.
Being a Happy Teen gives plenty of practical examples that teens can take away and use in their life, and to their surprise will find they actually work. Some of the issues dealt with are:
· Am I normal?
· Why does life hurt? (How to deal with disappointments, why do I need problems?)
· Who am I? (How can I like myself?)
· Parents (Why do parents act so crazy?)
· Friends (What others think, drugs, self esteem)
· School (Bullies & Study)
· Happiness (If you hate your parents, worry and fear)
· Your amazing mind (Focus on What you Want!)
At the end of each section, "In a Nutshell" cleverly summarises the topic in a very simple and easy to read tip.
For example in the section dealing with disappointment, In a Nutshell says "You are never beaten until YOU quit".
This is an interactive book that provides useful information to both parents and teenagers. With an easy to read writing style and clever drawings, even the teenager who hates reading will be surprised at how this book can hold their attention.
This book is insightful, fun and very helpful. Andrew Matthews knows how to make complex issues seem simple.
Other books by Andrew Matthews:
· Being Happy
· Making Friends
· Get Faxed
· Follow your Heart
· Happiness in a Nutshell