How often we wish our partners would give back our love in the same way we want them to.But it''s not the way things are. We live, love and get hurt along the way. And unless our hearts and minds are prepared for these harsh realities, we''d always end up emotionally wounded. And so here are some of the harsh truths about relationships:
1. You can never really control your lover. You can possess a man''s heart but you can never control his mind and his actions. Remember, your partner has will of his own. If he wants to leave you, nothing in this world can stop him. You nust be strong enough to let him go.
2. But you can control yourself. You can change your attitude and behavior. If for instance, you feel that the passion in your relationship is losing its magic, you can''t force your partner to bring it back, but you can do something.
3. Nothing is permanent, not even the deepest feelings. Who doesn''t want a long lasting relationship? But because feelings are not permanent, they have to be constantly nurtured because the more you dream, the more you are likely to get hurt.
4. Comparing you life to others won''t get you anywhere. Everyone''s circumstances are different. Just concentrate on accepting your own situation and on appreciating what''s good about your man.
5. There are many things you can''t change. You can''t think your way into acting right, but you can act your way into thinking right. If you don''t like his mother or bestfriends, you can''t ask him to give them up. The best thing to do is to befriend them and who knows, you might get to like them one day.
6. It''s hard to forgive bu it''s almost always necessary. Everyone wrongs someone everyday. You can be certain that whether you intended to or not, you hurt soemone today, if only for a moment.What kind of life would you have if no one forgives you? What kind of relationship would you have if your lover doesn''t forgive you?