OBJECTIVES OF MARKET SURVEY
Marketing management is an art and science both. Thus only theoretical knowledge of management principle is of no use, what required is the application of this knowledge in practical fields and analysis the result there after. The most important purpose of understanding this project is to be well acquainted with market management trends.
The main objectives of market survey are-:
1. To provide sound basis for the formulation of marketing policies.
2. To reduce marketing costs.
3. To determine customers and to know their wants and needs.
4. To find out new markets for the product.
5. To find out the factors influencing their purchasing behavior.
6. To measure the sale trends and sales potential.
7. To know about the demand of the product.
8. To make the product popular among the consumer.
9. To determine advertising effectiveness, consumer and dealer reaction.
10. To keep the business in touch with market.
11. To get help in designing or developing a product.
12. To provide safeguard against unforeseen changes
in the market.
13. To guide sales promotion effects.