Business opportunities catfish cultivation is one business opportunity that is currently considered adequate. If we look at many of the seller of the food supply is needed catfish catfish every day, it is this which makes the demand of fish has become increasingly high on the market and open up potential business opportunity is quite promising. Livestock catfish is relatively easy when compared with other freshwater fish such as carp or tilapia because it is more resistant to disease and environmental conditions. The following is a general description of how the cultivation of catfish
* Catfish Hatchery.
Is the cultivation of catfish to produce seed to a certain size by mating male and female master in special spawning ponds. Catfish hatchery has a good prospect with a high consumption of catfish and catfish enlargement of the number of attempts.
* Cultivation System
There are 3 known hatchery system, namely:
1. Bulk System. Performed by placing the male and female catfish in a pond with a certain ratio. In this system of male parental freely invited to find a partner for mating in the nest spawning, so it is very dependent on the active male looking for a partner.
2. Couple System. Performed by placing the male and female parent in a special pool. Its success is determined by the accuracy of determining a suitable match between the two mains.
3. Hatchery Injection System (Hyphofisasi).
Performed by stimulating the catfish to spawn or occur ovulation by injection of extracts Hyphofise gland, located on the bottom of the cerebrum. For this purpose there must be a fish as donors Hyphofise gland that also must be of the type of catfish.
* Stage Cultivation Process
A. Making Pool.
There are two kinds / types of pools, ie tub and pools (pool excavation). The selection pool type should be tailored to the available land. Technically, both on the type of vessel and type of excavation, seeding catfish must have:
Pond reservoir. Get input directly from the outside water / source water. Serves to siltation, water supply, and growth of plankton. Reservoir pond is a source of water for the pond to another.
Pond maintenance of the parent. Male parent and bertina during the ripening eggs reared in separate ponds as well as the maturation of the egg and sperm cells.
Spawning pool. Place male and female mating. In this pool should be available spawning nests of fibers, brick, bamboo and others as a place of male and female relationships.
Separating pool. Serves to raise chicks that had hatched and were 3-4 days old. Displacement done at that age because chicks began requiring food, which previously was still using the yolk reserves in the gastrointestinal tract parent.
B. Parent Selection
Male parent has a sign:
- Bone-shaped flat head
- A darker color
- More agile movements
- Slim stomach does not look bigger than your back
- Pointy-shaped genitals.
Female parent posted:
- Bone head convex
- Body color brighter
- Slow motion
- Stomach expands more than the genitals back round.
C. Land preparation.
The processing of land (in pond soil) include:
- Drying. To clean the pool and kill various germs.
- Calcification. Performed with Dolomite lime or Zeolite dose 60 gr/m2 to restore soil acidity and deadly germs that are not dead by drying.
- Importation of Water. Done in stages, first as high as 30 cm and left for 3-4 days to grow plankton as natural feed catfish.
In the pool type of tub, pond preparation that can be done is:
- Cleaning tub of dirt / residue before seeding.
- Drying tub to dry and dead germs. Importation of water directly fapat fully and immediately treated with the same dose TON
Spawning is the process of meeting male and female master to remove the egg and sperm cells. Sign ready mating of male genitalia red. Female parent sign the yellow egg (if immature green). Fertilized egg cell that has been attached to the nest and within 24 hours will hatch into chicks catfish.
How to transfer:
- Reduce the water in the nests of spawning until the water 10-20 cm high.
- Prepare a shelter with a bowl or bucket filled with water in the nest.
- Identify the temperature at the second pool
- Remove the seeds from the nest into the container holding the cup or plate.
- Remove the seeds from the reservoir to the nursery pond with caution at night, because it is still vulnerable to high water temperatures.
Is enlarged up to size ready to sell, which is 5-7 cm, 7-9 cm and 9-12 cm with a different price. Nursery pond surface is given in the form of water hyacinth or protective cover of plastic to avoid rising water temperatures cause stress catfish easily. Feeding catfish done since chicks are transferred to nursery ponds.
* Water Management
Measuring water quality can be assessed physically:
- Water must be clean
- Bright green
- Brightness / transparency medium (30-40 cm).
Size of chemical water quality:
- Free of toxic compounds such as ammonia
- Have optimal temperature (22-26 0C).