Most Rakhi gift articles talk about childhood memories you have shared with your younger sister - the one whom you might have tried to bully occasionally but who is naughty and effervescent enough to know how to twist around things easily. Rarely, do we talk about moments we share with our elder sisters – sweet, angelic, and mother figure for her siblings.
In India, we often find that elder sisters have to take on the responsibility of looking after their younger siblings from a very young age. As the mother busies herself with the household chores, it becomes the responsibility of the elder sister to mind the children. This, invariably, turns her into a patient, self-sacrificing, sweet young woman who is so caring that she forgets that she is only a few years older to her siblings.
In this article, we will talk about online gifts to India that we can send for such elder sisters:
• My Dearest Sister gift hamper – You can find this one on Gujaratgifts.com, in their Rakhi gifts section. The pearl jewellery set, chocolates, and the auspicious idol of Lakshmi on peepal life is sure to please a sister who loves traditions. The design of the set has been chosen carefully to suit Indian tastes.
• Silk sarees with Benarasi border and pallu – If you think you can never buy a saree for any woman, here’s a tip. While pure Benarasi sarees are quite expensive, a silk saree with Benarasi border and pallu is quite affordable and has been quite a rage over the decades. Just choose a colour that suits your sister’s age and skin colour.
• Salwar Suits for sisters in metros – In most metropolitan cities in India, women have switched to salwar suits for daily wear. If your sister prefers to wear them too, you can buy a comfortable cotton salwar suit for her in auspicious colours like red, yellow and orange as an online gift for her this year.
• Kitchenware for gifted cooks – Traditional women in India are known for their perfection in cooking. Handi from Prestige in which the food can be cooked and served as well make perfect online gifts to India. Your sister might love the Handi-shaped pressure cooker too.
• ‘World in your pocket’ purses – Ladies of all ages love purses that can carry the world in them. So, just buy a sturdy purse with a number of pockets in the red or black colour that can suit just about any dress for your sister on this Rakhi.
Whatever you choose, attach a greeting card with personalized message along with it to make the Rakhi gift special.