In this book the author wants to challenge the reader on what they think success means. To prove how success can be measured, Brendan Foley has broken down the key ‘States’ that he has identified which will allow the reader to have success in life, business, and career.
The 5 States he has identified are:
- The State of Insight – Clarity – Logical thinking
- The State of Connection – Empathy – Building Relationships
- The State of Certainty – Conviction – Intuitive Wisdom
- The State of Vitality – Action – Real and Meaningful success
- The State of Spirit- Purpose – Uniqueness and Leadership
Next he proposes that each state is connected to a specific portion of the body.
- Insight relates to the Head
- Connection relates to the Heart
- Certainty relates to the Gut
- Vitality relates to health and the physical body
- Spirit relates to Intangible and Animating Forces
You can reads this book in any order, be it the end, middle or the beginning. You start where you feel that a specific part of your life needs some work. This book directs you through each state and helps you get a better understanding of how the elements and the body parts are incorporated with each 'State'.
The author Brendan Foley breaks down each chapter into sections giving you firstly a background on each state and secondly a look at the elements, and finally the portions of the body which drives this state. After this he shows you how to identify what needs to be achieved and how you can put this new theory into practise in your life.
Each state has a different aspect to it, no 2 ‘States’ are the same. The author tries to explain to us why we need to aks our mind the question and wait for it to respond.
In each chapter there are various exercises which are designed to help you better understand the meanings behind his theories. Each one of these exercises is useful and there is a purpose behind them, which is to help you understand yourself better and get you to focus on areas which need improvement.
This book is ideal for anyone who wants to seek answers to questions in their life that are having difficulty getting replies for. By focusing on your inner self and getting away from all the outside noise you may find the answers jumping out at you. Only you, yourself can truly ever understand your own mind and the type of person you want to be in life.