Stress is a big challenge at Office and home front for human being that affects many factors physical health, mental health, interpersonal relations, career prospects etc. Usually, people think that stress is related with mind, but it is linked with many other factors too, that everyone has to accept. It is like a chain.
The first cause of stress arises when a person is expected to do against what he is willing to. In other words, when anything happens against a person's wish, he will be stressed. This is the same in all the circumstances.
A stressful person is affected in many ways. The first affect would be he feels unpleasant and may even get panic (higher level) that first results on his mind. If that is shown up, it affects the personal relations between persons with whom he is handling in day to day matters. The stress affects his/her performance, and if it is repeated, less interest in work, it may even affect career prospects also.
Keeping this aside, the stressful person's physical health is also a very important aspect to talk about. He might be affected with fluctuations in Blood pressure, fatigue and in the worse case, it affects heart functioning also. This also affects family atmosphere as well.
Keeping in view of the adverse affects of stress, stress management is becoming more and more important everyday. The following are the tips for keeping stress under control.
1. When a person is having huge volumes of work load, he/she has to work on priorities. One has to change their mind set and stop thinking in totality of jobs at their own desk. They have to decide, prioritise the job that needs immediate attention and take action accordingly. Then this process continues. If one thinks about total jobs he/she has to handle, that develops a very big tension and pressure on mind.
2. Improve good listening skills. One should completely listen what others suggesting/saying. Don't react immediately. Take time, think, plan and react. That filters stress on mind. Because, the target that one feels impossible to reach, if taken proper time to think, might appear that it is reacheable. It even eliminates conflict.
3. Do not initiate personal tasks (unless it is emergency) during office. If that is habbituated, One's mind will not be ready to stop doing personal stuff for want to office targets. This appears very small, but, it plays major role.
4. Always think that person is different from Office. If one is involved too much and takes everything personal, he will be completely stressed when any challenge comes across. This is suggested in terms of being in the circle of a problem. If one is in the circle of a problem, he can't find solution for it. Once he comes out, he can see from outside and find good solution for it.
5. One should not continuously stick to their chair or one should not be continuing the same job. Need to have short break in between and also have short friendly talk with colleagues will give refreshment and energy to work.
6. Also, some changes in personal life play vital role. Doing regular walks or exercise, of breathing exercises release one from stress.
All these tips are suggested out of personal experience and really work in day to day life. Would be very much happy if this helps atleast one and brings change in their life.