NEEM - PROPERTIES AND ADVANTAGES
1. Neem is useful in ancient human medicines for malaria, leprosy, jaundice and ancient veterinary medicines like Anthrax, Rinderpest etc.
2. Neem products are cheaper and can be used for repeated treatment as compared to synthetic insecticides.
3. No development of resistance by using neem based pesticides.
4. Neem plays an important role in improving fertilizer use efficiency.
5. Regular and free supply of neem extracts is available even to the poor farmers.
6. It can be mixed safely with biocontrol agents for synergistic long term effects.
7.No harmful effect on parasites and predators.
8. No problem of hazardous residue in plant parts or products.
9. Effective component in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, tooth paste and soap.
10. Neem leaves are used fodder, fuel etc.
11. Neem pulp is useful for bio-gas production.