The words of God in the Koran chapter Annur verse 45:
“Wallahu khalaqa kulla daabbatim mimma Imfaminhummayyamshi ala bathnihi wa minhum mayyamshi ‘ala rijlaini wa minhum mayyamshi ‘alaa arba’i.Yakhlukullahu ma yashaa.Innalllaha ‘ala kulli syai in qodiir".
Meaning: "and God has created all kinds of animals from the water. Then some of the animals are walking on by their stomach and some of them walk with two legs meanwhile some of (another) runs with four legs. God creates what He want. God Almighty over all things ".
As for the scientific, the origin of the creation or how the animal first appeared on Earth, there is still much debate to the experts and the emergence of the theories about it. This is because there has been no real examples of a specimen or model that is close to or in supporting of a theory concerning the origins of the first emergence of animals on Earth. Just as the origin of man, that the Koran declares human came from Adam, but the evolutionary theory declared that humans came from apes. whereas there is a "missing link" from the theory, namely, the clues to direct the ape man into modern humans.
As for the theories about the emergence of living things on Earth such as:
- The Abiogenesis theory, this theory appeared from the ancient Greeks and survived until the 17th century AD, that believed the living things came from inanimate.
E.g.: the fish and frogs are from the mud, the worms are from ground or the maggots are from rotting flesh.
- The Biogenesis theory, this theory denies the abiogenesis theory. The biogenesis theory declared that "every living thing comes from the egg, each egg comes from a living being and every living creature comes from a previous living being". This theory appeared based on three trials of three scientists that the trial method is almost the same. The scientists were Francisco Redi (1626-1697), Lazarro Spallanzani (1729-1799), and Louis Pasteur (1822-1895).
- The typical creation theory that declared the living things were created from the supernatural substance in special conditions.
- Kosmozoan theory, the theory declared that life comes from anywhere.
- The chemical evolution theory, Harold Urey (1893) stated that at one time the Earth''s atmosphere contains many molecules of gases such as methane (CH4), water vapor (H2O), amoniak (NH2) and carbon dioxide (CO2). Due to the influence of cosmic rays and the power of thunderbolt then these gases react produces the living substances which the structure like a virus at this time. And it was proved by the result from the laboratory experiments, Stanley Miller who is a Harold Urey''s student.
This theory was further developed by Alexander Oparin a Russian with a Biological theory of evolution who conditioned the same atmosphere''s composition with Urey''s theory. Then after organic compounds formed as result of cosmic ray radiation called "Primordial Soup" where the life things appeared from the organic compounds, and then clotting pile gradually formed (coaservat) which formed piles of lipid molecule parallels in along the border of the coaservat with the outside media as a privimitive cell membrane for stability in koaservat.
The theories said above and then followed by some experiments to prove these theories, the result is still far from the hope to find the basic substance of the question "where did the origin of life come from". For now it is enough with the verse said above in the beginning of this page to be a reference to the layman that the origin of animal life came from the water in which some of them then processed to be the animal which walk by its stomach such as snakes, then walk with two legs such as birds and then walked on four legs like a lion, the Tiger, cattle, and so on. And for the researchers mainly the moslem researcher, the verse above is a challenge to prove the truth of the word of God as the creator of what is in the sky and what is on the Earth in order to add to the evidence of the truth of the Koran.