CONSERVATION OF OUR NATURAL RESOURCES- water, wood, coal, electricity
Natural resources are materials supplied by nature, such as forests, minerals, soil, water, and wildlife. They cannot be created or manufactured by us like other man made products like plastic. The main cause for worry is that our natural resources are getting depleted (getting over) fast because of our increasing population and overuse. The way we are wasting water, a day will soon come when there will not be a drop of water to drink. Imagine what will happen then! We cannot survive. Similarly we are chopping trees and using too much wood to make furniture for our homes. What will happen if we lose all our forests this way, by clearing them to make homes for us or use wood? Without forests we will not get food to eat, fresh air to breathe. We will be suffocated to death, as you all know that green plants give us more oxygen.
Coal is used as fuel for our various activities. What will happen if we use too much coal? We will run short of it. So we must instead use renewable source of energy like solar energy for operating our devices. The energy from the sun is not likely to get over. Nowadays special solar devices like solar heaters and solar cookers are available. Even traffic signals on the roads are powered by solar energy.
Just look at the way we waste electricity. What happens then? Power cuts of course! So we must look at ways to conserve our natural resources. This is how-
1. Never waste water. Use only as per requirement. Never let water overflow from buckets. Do not waste water by using it to wash windows. Windows can be cleaned by wiping with wet cloth.
2. Always replace leaking taps. Use less water for washing, bathing etc.
3. Install rain water harvesting unit to collect rain water. This water can be used for gardens, throughout the year.
4. Conserve electricity. Switch off€’s fans light, when not in use.
5. Use energy saving lights instead of normal bulbs.
6. Take the stairs incase you are going not more than second floor. Climbing stairs is a good exercise as well.
Conservation of natural resources is the need of the hour, if you waste your resources then you will have to suffer later. Remember the saying- WASTE NOT WANT NOT( You will not face scarcity if you do not waste your resources).