This is the method to calculate the square of a number
First of all. In order to find the square of a number consider a two digit number. Follow the procedure mentioned below. once you have done it ...you will be able to do the calculation in the mind and faster than a computer
1. Divide the whole number in two groups or in two digits.
2. Add the second digit to the original number choosen for obtaining the square of a number.
3. Multiply the obtained number by the first digit.
4. The number obtained call it as A.
5. Then square the last digit and name it as B.
6. Now the number B if more than one digit then add the first digit(value at tens place) of B with the last digit(value at unit place) of A.
7. Else write the number B as it is on the right of A(that is right of the number at unit place).
8. The number obtained is the square of the number.
The same thing can be understood my the example given below
for example.47. step 1 . add 7 to 47.it becomes 54. multiply 54 by 4.it becomes 216 call it A. now square of 7 is 49 call it B. now add B with a in such a way that the last digit of A is added with first digit of B and it becomes 2209