These are some tips to keep our employees motivated during hard times:
1. Keep them calm. Tell them more often how they're doing.
2. Level with them. Seize every chance to deliver good news, but don't be afraid to share bad news.
3. Don't over control. Resist the temptation to toss out your human relation skills and resort to fear as motivator. You'll get only short term results.
4. Use teamwork. People on teams work harder to support each other and the organization.
5. Focus them on long term goals. Urge them to observe, listen and ask questions to learn more about the business. The payoff: When things improve, they could be in a better position to seek a promotion.
6. Use humor. When people can laugh together and have a little fun on the job, it improve their mental well-being. It also make them perform better and feel more satisfied with their work.