Tips For A Successful Job Interview:
1. A GOOD first impression -
The person who will be conducting the interview will be paying attention, to all the smallest things you believe they are not. For instance, your hygiene. Make sure your clothes are neatly ironed, and well treated before your interview. Make sure your hair is groomed, and you wear little to no to cologne/perfume. You never know who is allergic to what. That always counts.
2. Practice makes perfect
- There is no such thing as too much practice. You should try doing some practice interview questions before your job interview, to make the interview run a little bit smoother. You can never be to prepared for a job interview. You can always google some sample questions if you don't know where to begin.
3. Show appreciation -
Be sure to send out a follow-up "thank you" letter or "letter of appreciation" to your interviewer to show that you value their time and patience during the interview, and the fact they've chosen you. It could have been anyone else.
4. Be prepared
- Keep in mind that there are a few different type of interview styles. Some interviewers may want you to answer questions off of a list , some may ask you to "tell them a little about yourself and why you would like a shot at this opportunity", and some may want you to represent yourself using a chart , a certain number of words, or a graphic representation.
5. Being Early
- Like they say, the early bird gets the worm, especially when it comes to job interviews. Arriving to your interview 10 to 15 minutes early shows great determination and enthusiasm. The interviewer will definitely have a little more interest in you, because you show drive and leadership. Most likely what their company is looking for. 6. Smile :)
- Don't forget that your smile is worth a thousand words ! You smile, they smile back !