In this review will explain how to solve problems in charging the laptop battery. I will present examples of the most common damage on batteries and I suggest some troubleshooting steps.
Laptop batteries but off when it detects an AC adapter is unplugged.
When you move the cursor arrow on the battery icon when the laptop is connected to an AC adapter, the computer shows the remaining battery power information and say "charging baterry charging is going on".
Dough strength of the electric meter (if available) also indicates that the battery is connected and charging occurs.
But ... as soon as you unplug the AC adapter, the laptop off completely.
1. The battery position does not make it right. Try connecting the battery.
2. Battery contacts are dirt or oxidized and the battery is not connected with either the motherboard. Try reconnecting the battery several times.
3. If replacing it does not help, most likely a bad battery, aka old and need replacing.
4. If you replace the battery but the problem still exists. Apparently the battery charging circuit has been damaged. In this case the whole motherboard must be replaced (or repaired).
The battery is not detected by the laptop.
The battery is attached and you know it is connected properly but there is a red cross on the battery icon.
If you move the arrow cursor over the battery icon, it says "no battery detected".
1. Most likely a bad battery. You have a very good chance to fix this problem by replacing the battery.
2. If replacing the battery does not help, this is motherboard related failures. The motherboard must be replaced (or repaired at component level).
Use / Use / Discharge the battery very quickly after reaching a critical point.
Detected by the laptop and the battery level indicator points to 100%. When you unplug the AC adapter, the normal time required for the discharge / charge until some critical point (say 80%) but after that the use / usage / discharge the battery very quickly to a level of 0%.
This is damage to the battery. Poor battery condition and must be replaced.
Charging / Battery Charge only happen if the power plug the correct position.
You have to wiggle the power plug to be able to charge the battery. Once you find the right position, fill out a new battery properly.
1. AC adapter failed. AC adapter power cord is damaged. You can test the AC adapter with a voltmeter.
2. If the AC adapter works well, most likely this is the power jack (connector that you plug the power diadaptor) have failed. In this case the electrical plugs should be replaced. On some models of laptop power jack is not soldered to the motherboard, it''s attached to harness the power.
In this case, you can unplug the power jack from the motherboard is faulty and replace them with new ones.