You heard all about flashing a new ROM or kernel via Odin on your Android but you have yet to figure out how to do it. Well, worry no more! Don't sweat it out. Why? This short guide will show you the step to step guide on how to do so.
What you require:
Laptop or computer
USB cable for your Android
Odin software (Google or check XDA forum for the link)
A working android phone (no brainer)
Selected ROM and Kernel you want to flash (make sure it is in a zip file)
So you have checked all the above and you are ready to start. Follow this to the point and you will be able to complete it about 5 minutes or less.
- Download and install Odin to your laptop or computer.
- Once it is installed, run the Odin program.
- Off your phone and put into download mode.
- To get into download mode, off your phone first.
- Now as it is already turned off, press volume down, home button and power button at the same time for about 5 seconds.
- You will come to a screen where it asked you to volume up to continue or volume down to exit. Choose volume up.
- Now, you will be able to see the green Android and it is already in download mode.
- Make sure your Odin is already start up on your laptop or computer.
- Connect the USB cable to both your devices and wait.
- You will notice that on Odin, you will see a light up on ID:COM. This means that your Android is connected to Odin now.
- Select PDA and choose the right zip file for either the kernel or ROM you liked to flash.
- Once ready, make sure that only Auto Reboot, F. Reset Time and PDA box is ticked.
- Take a deep breath, and press Start.
- The cycle will take less than 5 minutes and once you see the word "remove", you can remove the USB cable and off Odin. By then, your Android will auto reboot itself.
I believe this is a very simple guide on how to flash a new kernel or ROM to your Android. Have fun and thank you for reading!