I recently saw few reviews in Walmart and other sites. One review said "I purchased a a Headphone and I returned the next day. It did not work with my iphone". The person writing the review gave 1 Star rating for the product.
I decided to write this "How To".
Below are the things you need to keep in mind selecting a headphone.
1. Do you need the only the headphone or you need along with the mic.
2. You want it just to listen to the music or you need to talk as well when your phone rings.
3. Do you need it for you phone or for your Laptop?
4. Will you do internet chatting with voice?
5. Are you going to use it while running?
6. How much do you concentrate while listening to a music?
Here are the differences.
1. Laptops usually have two 3.5 mm plug (female)
2. Mobile Phones, ipad, ipod, iphone, mp3 player all have 1 plug. (Some have 2.5 & some 3.5)
3. Apple products mostly come with 2.5 mm plug.
4. If you are going to use it while running, make sure the ear plugs do not fall off. You get a special shaped ear plugs for this.
5. If are a person who enjoys every beat and every string, go for a headphone that covers your entire ear.
6. If you want it only to talk over the phone, a jaw bone (blue tooth) is what you should consider as well.
Make the right decision and give the right ratings for the products.