Choosing Laptop is one of the most important decision in your life. Especially if you are a student or a businessman that is very dependent with your ability to do assignments on the go. I hope that this guide will help you in choosing the laptop that fits you. There are several factors that you should consider:
Budget is the primary consideration in choosing a dream laptop. A budget of 300 US$ have very different prospect with having 1700 US$. First, you should think about how much will you want to spend for your new laptop. The range of price that is available for current generation laptop is around 200 US$ (low-end laptop) to 4700US$ (high-end laptop).
2)Determine what is the function of your laptop
There are three main function of laptops that you should choose from: first is as desktop replacement laptop, in this condition this laptop function as a replacement for your desktop. For example, you are going to a foreign country to study for a year. You cannot bring your desktop PC, so you must use your laptop as a replacement for your desktop. For this purpose, it is better for you to consider a "workhorse" laptop, a laptop that is more bulkier and having larger display screen (14 inch++). It is okay for you to have low battery life laptop as you tend to charge your laptop a lot
The next function of laptop is for mobility purposes. For example, you are a students that have desktop at home, but you need laptop to do many daily works. You must choose a "mobility" laptop. this means that your laptop must be light and easy to carry on to many places. This laptop must be light (less than 2 kilograms) , long battery life should also be considered as you tend to move from place to place and will not have the opportunity to charge your laptop quickly.
The next function of your laptop is for gaming and multimedia. In the 21st century, gaming has evolved into a mainstream hobby. If you like to do game a l
ot or watching DVD in your laptop then you should consider having a laptop that has large screen and also good graphic card.
3)Please consider the specification of your laptop
There are many specifications in the laptop that may confuse you if you are new in the area of technology:
- CPU : CPU or computer processing unit is the "brain" of your laptop, by using CPU your computer can execute your programs, your games or application. The famous CPU that you may now is INTEL and AMD. Usually, INTEL CPU is much more commonly found compared to AMD. The newest CPU is called Intel i7.
- Video Card/Graphic Card/VGA card: Video card is the component of the laptop that tries to give you 3D games or edit graphic to your monitor. Two main producer of Video card are ATI with its RADEON line and also NVIDIA with its GeForce series. This variables affect the graphical quality of your progarms
- RAM: also known as Random Access Memory this determine how fast your computer can access the data inside your computer "brain". Usually this affect your loading speed of your application. Increased RAM also decrease your "hung" application.
- Storage: hard disk/storage capacity is one of the factor that you should also consider, there are two main type of storage device: the standard hard disk or SSD (solid stade drive) disk. Solid Stade Drive disk is the new inovation that enables you to access your data very fast. For example, you can turn on your laptop instantly and access the data inside in the same second. However, SSD is much more expensive compare to the normal hard disk.
Beside the components inside the laptop, we should also consider the accesories of your laptop, many importants peripheral device that you should consider are:
- DVD-R/RW: The ability to read DVD/CD rom is essential to many person. But, the invention of cloud computing renders some of the DVD-R/RW obsolete on the newer laptop such as MacBookPro with Retina Display.
- Keyboard quality: Working with laptop means that you will use your keyboard often. Find that is most suitable for your style.
- Clickpad quality: Using laptop means that sometimes you rely on the quality of the clickpad to click your ways to hours of online contents. This is a factor that you should consider
- Ethernet ready? Many of us still use LAN cable to connect to internet. We should consider this factor when choosing new laptop
- Wi-Fi Ready? Wi-Fi is now commonly found in many places from cofee house to electronic stores. Your laptop should have wi-fi capability
In conclusion, there are many factors that you should consider when choosing your laptop. Price, specification and also the usage of your laptop is very important. I hope that his article can help you in finding the most suitable laptop for you. I will write many further articles about choosing laptop and review of each laptop in my website: aldoferly.com. I hope you can come to my website and give comment.
Thank you very much.