Some Golden Rules
to follow for your Shvoong Success.
I. Google is Your Friend
The main secret of being succesful on Shvoong is the fact, that you can get a lot of visitors for your reviews if they are indexed by the search engines (like Google, Yahoo, Baidu etc.) and they get good positions in Google for a keyword. People searching information on the net can easily find your summary with Google IF:
1. you select a popular topic for your summary
2. you do the necessary Search Engine Optimization for your review (= you use popular keywords and get some high quality backlinks)
3. make the necessary promotion for your summary (= you use the most important bookmarking sites and social networking sites and the power of other popular internet pages)
The three above can easily give you a #1-5 position on the 1st page of Google … (that’s how Fagov could get nearly 5 million hits with one summary or this way I could earn more than $14 with one of my summary last month (May 2011)
II. Think Local
This means you have to focus on your local strengths. Use your own language (You can write reviews on Shvoong.com in 34 languages) and use the local interest in your country. I usually write in Hungarian so Google.hu (Google’s Hungarian search engine site) is the greatest tool for me. On Google.com competition is very tough. If you can do, just use your own language so that people in your country can find your review via their local Google site instead of google.com.
III. The Power of Specialization
Specialization means you are doing something special on Shvoong, something different from the things other people are doing. Options are wide. You can chose to write about diet programs, recipies, Spanish language learning techniques, popular internet pages, mobile phones or other electrical equipments, sporting events, Hollywood stars, new albums of rock bands, bestselling new age books etc.Before the final decision you have to consider the followings:
1. Am I enthusiastic about my topic? – If yes, ok.
2. Do I have a strategy to promote my reviews? – If yes, superb.
3. Is there a wild demand for the topic? – If yes, you are fantastic.
IV. Make a Plan
Making a plan means the following:
1. Chosing the right topic to write about.
2. Chosing the best keywords for your review. (Keywords are words or expressions/phrases an ordinary internet surfer types into google when searching for something on the net.)
3. Chosing the right way to promote your summary. (Search engines, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, social bookmarking sites, the power of other’s promoting capacity - for example a Facebook fan page owner who has got at least 200,000 fans etc.)
4. Using additional inscome streams connected to your reviews. (=writing a series of reviews about a given popular topic, or using the power of fiverr.com, infocera.com, Clickbank or other product owners’ affiliate products to promote)
5. Writing quality reviews instead of spamming the Shvoong community.
V. Time Management
The concept of time management is connected to making a plan. Time management means instead of writing reviews 10 hours a week you should spare about 7-8 hours to make some research for popular topics, for relevant and popular keywords, for possible promotion techniques. The rest 2-3 hours you should use for writing reviews. It is enormously more effective to do this than writing 10 hours a week without plan. Without plan you will almost never write popular reviews.
VI. Being Action Focused versus Being Knowledge Focused
The above two principles are very important if you use them the right way. Being knowledge focused means you know well what to do and what are your reasons for it. It also means that you have the know how. (This series of Shvoong Success summaries and my new free ebook called „The Ultimate ShvoongSuccess
” will give you the essential know how.) But it is impossible to be perfect in every little field, to be capable to resolve every issue, and to wait until you are perfect in everything. So being action focused means you start to make a plan and then you start to write reviews. Not only 2 or 5 but 30, 50 and more. No, not 2000. But you need to write at least 20-30 good reviews with plans to achieve monthly earnings from Shvoong.com. I have written about 190 reviews since September 2006. And since May 2009 I get earnings every single month from Shvoong. My total earnings is about $721 (until now, 15th June 2011). So please, for your fortune’s sake: get the essential knowledge and then: ACT!
This was the 1st part of my series of summaries about successful review writing on Shvoong. Int he upcoming weeks I will give you here some extracts from my 50+ pages free ebook titled „The Ultimate ShvoongSuccess
”. The ebook will contain literally everything you need to be successful on Shvoong., and earn commission month by month.
If you like this summary do not hesitate to give it a rating, and leave a comment, or just push the „like” button.
C’mon Shvoongers! We’ll rock the Globe! ;-)