UNORC Monthly Field Sitrep
Gayo Lues District
Month : August 2008
Completed by : Rosly and Zulyadaini
Cleared by :
1. Analytical overview of Situation in the AoR on key developments in post-tsunami recovery, post-conflict recovery & reintegration, political & government (local governments & BRR regionals) situations
There is no significant security incident happened during August 2008 in Gayo Lues district generally except ALA Province formulation sympathizers have locked and blocked DPRK Office since the mid of July 2008. Setwan staff based and working at security post at this moment. The 63rd anniversary of Republic Indonesia Independence day was celebrated enthusiastically and successfully by government staff, TNI/Polri, communities and students which taken place at central football field and successfully done without any incident.
2. Update on the Kabupaten Recovery Forum (KRF), Joint Secretariat & action points.
BRR Joint Secretariat had no meeting for several months during the arrival of UNORC Gayo Lues team. BRR initiated to hold irregular meeting by discussing in non-formal way. KRF team initiated to hold general coordination meeting and get an advisory from Bupati that the meeting to be held on Thursday, 28 August 2008 while at that time all heads of SKPDs will present the meeting. KRF team is preparing presentation and attendance list for the meeting.
3. Update on the Kecamatan Coordination & Implementation Mechanism (KCIM) & action points.
BPM (Badan Pemberdayaan Masyarakat) Gayo Lues held coordination meeting on village-based community empowerment at Bappeda Office hall on Saturday, 23 August 2008 from 10.00 to 13.00. The coordination meeting was attended by head of BPM, BPM Kabids, Camats from 11 Kecamatans, PNPM Mandiri Pedesaan facilitators, representative from PNPM Mandiri Perkotaan, and women representative. This coordination meeting aimed to synergize among programs and actors working at village level and programs done by local government and PNPM Mandiri Pedesaan.
4. Update on key sectoral coordination and other major programme items (e.g., barracks) & action points.
a. Peace and Reintegration
BRA Gayo Lues had built 50 houses for conflict-affected victims within previous conflict era. This action had been implemented and handed over to the beneficiaries by BRA. The beneficiaries located in Kecamatan Terangun (29 houses), Pining (8 houses), Blangkejeren (4 houses), Putri Betung (4 houses), Dabun Gelang (4 houses), and Kutapanjang (1 house).
1) Kfw-Gitec has been started to build 2 Puskesmas, one in Kecamatan Rikit Gaib and the other in Kecamatan Dabun Gelang. Beside the 2 Puskesmas, Kfw-Gitec will also build 10 Pustus (Sub-Puskesmas) in 3 Kecamatans; Kecamatan Dabun Gelang (4 Pustus; 1 unit in rerebe, 1 in Uning Gelung, 1 in Pepalan, and other one in Blang Temu village), Kecamatan Rikit Gaib (3 Pustus; 1 in Padang Pasir, 1 in Tungau and the other one in Panemon Jaya village) and Kecamatan Tripe Jaya (1 unit in Perlak, 1 in Pasir, and the other one in Uning Geriring village). These projects planned to be finished at the end of December 2008.
2) IOM finished its infrastructure project in Gayo Lues District in Kecamatan Rikit Gaib, Blangpegayon, Tripe Jaya, and Terangun at the end of July 2008. The projects in those Kecamatans were simple irrigation construction, drawbridges, and opening new road spaces.
1) IOM has been undertaken livelihood projects in various Kecamatans in Gayo Lues District since the end of December 2007. The projects have been done in 5 Kecamatans, they are Tripe Jaya, Terangun, Pantan Cuaca, Dabun Gelang and Putri Betung. The projects planned to be finished in July 2009. The livelihood projects meant are chili plantation, duck livestock, onion plantation, and goldfish veterinarian.
2) PUAP (Pengembangan Usaha Agribisnis Pedesaan/ Village-based agribusiness development) has been done “control revolving program” in 35 villages in 8 Kecamatans in Gayo Lues, they are Blang Jerango, Pining, Terangun, Dabun Gelang, Tripe Jaya, Pantan Cuaca, Putri Betung and Rikit Gaib. The program has been already done since April 2008 and planned to be end in December 2008. The program is doing administration preparation at this moment.
d. Gender Issues
P2TP2 Gayo Lues which had been formed on 15 March 2006 based on Gayo Lues Bupati Decree No. 061/14/2006 and signed by Sekda on behalf Bupati Gayo Lues at that time, Muhammad Ali Kasim until this moment has no activity and office anymore. The office established by BRR now being used by Kantor Pemberdayaan Perempuan.