Outstanding people from Roman City
is placed in the midle of Moldavian highlands , in Neamt county, Romania, at the confluence of Siret and Moldova river, and has the coordinates 46055' N latitude, 26055' E longitude. First mention is in ,,Letopisetul Novgorodului “ document, from 1387 . The first written document about Roman is a donation document from 30 of March 1392 . The name of the city is from the ruler Roman I Musat, the founder of the city. The most representative citizens of the city are :
(1633-1691) - chronical, wrote "Letopisetul Tarii Moldovei", "De Neamul Moldovenilor".
(1892-1961) - novelist, works : "Oras Patriarhal", "Apostol" and "Drumul cu plopi"
(1894-1967) – poet, born Cotu-vames, childhood at Roman si neighbourhood.
(1848-1917) – teacher and principal of "Roman-Voda” High School.
(1871-1936) – critic, author of ,,Adela" ,"Amintiri din copilarie si adolescenta".
Haralamb Zinca (
Hary Isac Zilberman) – born at 1923 in Roman, novelist, specialized in ,,police’’ novels.
(Barasch) ( 1925 – 1977) – historian and literature critic..
CINEMA ,ACTORS, TELEVISION
(1896-1963) – movie director, former student of "Roman -Voda" high school, creator of Romanian cinema.
(Nicolae Constantinescu) - actor; born at Roman, former student of "Roman -Voda" High school.
– actor at ,,Nottara” National Theatre, played in many movies.
- program director at TVR, born in Roman at 22 of December 1974,
- musician, outstanding composer, he and Enescu founded National school of composition.
(1866-1918) – professor and director of Bucharest Conservatory , conductor and musician .
- conductor, born in Roman .
(1912-1996) – international conductor .
(1917-1999) - emerit Maths professor, teacher at "Roman-Voda" High school between 1947-1986.
Ion S. Antoniu
(1905-1987) – teacher at Bucharest University, Electrotechnic field.
Ion Ionescu de la Brad
– first Romanian engineer in agriculture field, born in Roman at 24 of June 1818. Creator of first agriculture school in Romania.
Constantin I. Istrati
professor of Chemistry , researcher, born at 5 of September 1850.
– professor of Chemistry , born in 1912, member of Romanian Academy, former Ministry of Chemistry.