Swami Vivekananda on Inspiration
· Work unto death- I am with you, and when I am gone, my spirit will work with you. This life comes and goes – wealth, fame, enjoyments are only of a few days. It is better, far better to die on the field of duty, preaching the truth, than to die like a worldly worm.
· Strength is life, weakness is death. Strength is felicity, life eternal, immortal; weakness is constant strain and misery; weakness is death.
· Stand and die in your own strength; if there is any sin in the world, it is weakness; avoid all weakness, for weakness is sin, weakness is death.
· Be not afraid of anything, you will do marvelous work. The moment you fear, you are nobody. It is fear that is the great cause of misery in the world. It is fear that is the greatest of all superstitions. It is fear that is the cause of our woes, and it is fearlessness that brings heaven even in a moment. Therefore, ‘Arise, awake and stop not till the goal is reached.
· Whatever you think, that you will be. If you think yourselves strong, strong you will be.
· Stand up, be bold, be strong, take the whole responsibility on your own shoulders, and know that you are the creator of your own destiny.
· A hundred thousand men and women, fired with the Zeal of holiness, fortified with external faith in the lord, and nerved to lions courage by their sympathy for the poor and the fallen and the downtrodden, will go over the length and breadth of the land, preaching the gospel of social raising-up the gospel of quality.
· The more we grow in love and virtue and holiness, the more we see love and virtue and holiness outside. All condemns ourselves. Adjust the microcosm and the macrocosm will adjust itself for you