SWAMI VIVEKANANDA ON MEDITATION
· Think of a space in your heart, and in the midst of that space think that a flame is burning. Think of that flame as your own soul and inside the flame is another effulgent light, and that is the Soul of your soul, God. Meditate upon that in heart.
· The greatest help to spiritual life is meditation. In meditation we divest ourselves of all material conditions and feel our divine nature. We do not depend upon any external help in meditation.
· The greatest thing is meditation. It is the nearest approach to spiritual life- the mind meditating. It is the one moment in our daily life that we are not at all material-the soul thinking of itself, free from all matter- this marvelous touch of the soul!
· There is the infinite joy, unchanging.
Meditation is the gate that opens that to us. Prayers, ceremonials, and all the other forms of worship are simply kindergartens of meditation.
· Within there is the lion the eternally pure, illumined and ever-free Atman; and directly one realizes Him through meditation and concentration, this world of Maya vanishes.
· DO not spend your energy in talking but mediate in silence; and do not let the rush of the outside world disturb you. When your mind is in the highest state, you are unconscious of it. Accumulate power in silence and become a dynamo of spiritually.
· The concentrated mind is a lamp that shows us every corner of the soul.