Continuing from my previous article are the Pros of this business?
Since it is an industry which relies a lot on art and taste of people, benefits or advantages of professions related to it are unique
1) You need a lot of passion and flair for art and craft to pursue and succeed in this business. And if you have it in you, then you could have real fun in this business.
2) If you are good at this, and scrapbooking is your hobby, then opening a home-based business is an excellent example of creating a business from a hobby. You will learn, recreate, play and still make a lot of money out of it.
3) People are either too lazy or too busy in their day-to-day work, but still they want to keep their memories. It is sole reason this market exists and is growing like anything. People are not likely to change, and in fact growing number of online stores proves this fact. So, digital scrapbooking business is here to stay and has bright prospects.
4) If your work is good, then word-of-mouth will work best for you and you will not have to spend too much money to promote your home based business.
What are the Cons of this business?
Scrapbooking is not a basic need of a customer like a grocery item or apparel, so you need to spend some time working hard without much of a success
1) You most probably will have to offer your services for free to friends and relatives first, to develop word-of-mouth. Though it may result in you working without profit, but it's good practice. If the reports about your work are good, then you will be able to make money out of it.
2) In some cases, turning your hobby into a business takes fun out of the equation. So, to not to get discouraged or lose steam quickly, make sure that you do it as a side business.
3) Sometimes, a completed product may take more time and effort than it initially would have appeared to you, so you will not able to make profit all the time.