Facebook is asocial utility that connects people with friends and others who work,study and live around them.People use Facebook to keep up with friends,upload an unlimited number of photos,share links and videos,and learn more about the people they meet.
The Facebook API gives developers unusually deep access into its structure which allows 3rd party applications to access and code around the Facebook structure. Its a great feature that surprisingly wasn’t thought of by its competitors and so far it’s proving to be the key factor in Facebook’s success.
Unlike MySpace, your Facebook backend looks exactly like what others see on the site when they look at your profile. You see what they will see.Additionally, this is one site we felt the safest on. While most people have accounts with both Facebook and MySpace,Facebook reigns as the go-to site for staying in touch with friends and family,reuniting with old friends and meeting new friends.
Here are some of the features that Facebook has:
- Facebook allows you to maintain a friends list and choose privacy settings to tailor who can see what on your profil.
- Facebook allows you to upload photos and maintain photo albums that can be shared with your friends.
- Facebook supports interactive online chat and the ability to comment on your friends "walls" in order to keep in touch or just say hi.
- Facebook supports groups and fan pages,allowing businesses to effectively use Facebook as a vehicle for social media marketing.
- Facebook's developer network delivers advanced functionality in the form of social apps like Flixster,Mafia wars,Texas Holdem Poker and more...
- Facebook Connect allows websites to interact with Facebook and allows Facebook to be used as a universal login authentication service.
Briefly, Facebook is fun and functional.It can help you connect with people you haven't heard from for a long time because of the distance or it can help you just to fill spare time when you have nothing to do.And best of all it's completly free of charge.