Many good writers are unable find jobs as bloggers or web writers because they do not follow the rules below.
- Write for the Web. Learn the difference between writing for the web as opposed to writing for magazines, college paper, etc. The best ways to learn blogging styles is either to start a blog or read popular blogs.
- Write Casual and Personable text. Use words that people understand. Connect with readers by talking to or with them rather than at them.
- Write with a Purpose. Ask ourselves if the post is useful.
- Write with a Style that's All You. Have a unique, identifiable voice that is recognisable in your posts.
- Write in a Blog or Web Readable Style. Easy to scan, useful and able to grasp reader attention.
- Write with a Honest Opinion. Be honest in your opinions in order to earn reader trust.
Interesting article. I already know some of this stuff. Yet, I've been making the same mistakes again and again. Its good to remind myself what I've been missing and where I'm going wrong. I MUST really learn to change my writing style.