1) Place laptops away from liquids and moistures , for most laptops a single spill can be disastrous . Don't expose it to direct sunlight .
2) Use an external mouse whenever possible , so that the touch pad does not wear out fast .
3) Often , when you close a laptop the keys touch the screen lightly , leaving permanet marks on the screen over time . so place a piece of soft cloth over the keyboard before closing.
4) Use a laptop cooler , if your room is not air-conditioned .
5) Use a good laptop bag a well -padded one protects the device from bad weather and any rough handling.
6) Unlike desktops , which can run for weeks without being shut down , it is best to switch off a laptop when not in use , do not place it in its bag while in " sleep " mode .
7) Wipe the screen periodically using a soft cloth . Vaccum clean or use a cotton bud to clean between the keys .
8) Reduce battery discharge by adjusting settings for optimal power and screen brightness .