With the iPad 3 coming out, I thought I would take a look back at the first iPad and see if there is still any life left in it. T he original iPad
My love and my hatred with the original iPad. This is probably something that needs to be said about most technology, especially those that Apple make.
We'll start with what I love about it:
- I like the fact that the battery is still as good today as of that when I bought it.
- I can still watch movies and listen to music.
- I can still throw it across the room and it doesn't break (I don't recommend doing this).
- Angry Birds still works as good as ever.
Now for the parts that are really bugging me:
- Because Apple likes to update it's devices based on the latest models, there have become a few bugs.
- Safari likes to crash every two seconds.
- Facebook has to be restarted every so often (I think this is more a Facebook issue as the iPhone 4GS has issues to).
- The latest games are becoming way to powerful to run on it.
I could list more issues and more great things about it, but like all technology that is showing it's age there are pros and cons. It's at least better than the Android OS, which is obsolete within a week of having it.
For anyone who has an original iPad, don't give up on it yet. You can always use it as a great movie player or player smaller games for the kids. It's a great thing to give up to the kids, because while you get the new iPad3, your kids will be learning about a key revolutionary piece of technology in the 21st century.