Take your time to bid for your key search terms (keywords, engl. "Keywords") to find out:
- Ask friends and acquaintances, what search terms n they would seek
- Search in the database keyword, which search terms most frequently used
- Consider different spellings, singular / plurals and synonyms
- Look in the meta-information of the websites of your competitors
(just in the browser view the source code)
In subjects with high competition keywords or hit with big numbers, you should to combinations of key words s focus. For a single keyword is a top ranking to achieve is very difficult, and moreover there is no guarantee that users who are looking for so general, that is looking for what your website offers.
For two-or three-word combinations of keywords, it is easier on the first places to come and seekers to your website in this way, are more likely attributable to your audience and more than customers.
Do not all keywords on all pages, but you optimize each page for only a few of them.
Make sure that your most important keywords appear at the following locations:
- in the page title
- in headline
- in Seiteninhalt
- in file or directory names
- in link texts
- in the meta-information
But you do not exaggerate! Too much of a good thing can be considered spam by search engines are evaluated - and also a dubious impression on your visitors.