Outsourcing to India has been a practice since ages. It’s always been there and will always be there. Almost all industries, be it IT, manufacturing, software or the web – outsourcing to India has become a trend that cannot be done away with. This industry has been growing and India has emerged as the place for outsourcing work. Well, there are some distinct advantages of doing so too.
• Minimizing operating costs and maximizing revenue: When you decide to outsource, you must understand that you are actually saving on operating costs rather than considering it as an additional investment. With an external agency, you can set performance levels and work on a service level agreement to ensure maximum returns and maximum revenue.
• Add value to your business and increase your productivity: With outsourcing to India, you can gain a lot of value addition to your business. India has emerged as pool of IT talent in the past few decades. With web design outsourcing, web development outsourcing and SEO outsourcing, you can get the routine tasks done by a dedicated firm working for you. You can then concentrate your efforts on the more demanding business decisions that require more dedicated attention from you. So if you are thinking that outsourcing to India will increase productivity for your business – Yes it definitely will!
• Long Term benefits: If you are thinking of a short term contract, you might as well get the task done in house. Outsourcing has long term benefits. For short term, your investment in training and infrastructure will definitely be more than the output you get from the project.
• Save on time and efforts: Time is precious. With outsourcing to India, you can save on time and most importantly efforts. A well managed outsourcing company can completely manage the project. You only need to check the reports provided on a timely basis. By remotely monitoring, you save on actual time which you can utilize in other areas of work.
• When one talks about the price benefit from outsourcing to India – well it’s true. You do get a price benefit. Quality is never an issue and prices are comparatively much lower to any other in house development projects. You also get the time difference advantage. You can easily get services at any time of the day on a 24 * 7 basis. Follow the sun model works very well too. You can derive the benefits of this to the max.
With the advantages listed out for you here, your decision for outsourcing to India is simplified. Amongst the disadvantages, you have the difficulty in evaluation of previous works done by the company. With the distance, it is sometimes not possible to “See” the company you are working with and you need to depend upon the information you gather from the internet and the communication that they provide you with. Whether you decide to outsource, totally depends on your company resources, and company budget and the talent requirement for your project. Take a decision wisely.