1. Write guest posts on blogs that are related to your field. Many
bloggers will be glad to allow you to provide some fresh content for them
in exchange for a link back to your site. Just contact the blogger and make
2. Answer questions on sites such as Answers.Yahoo.com,
AllExperts.com and JustAnswer.com. By providing quality advice on
subjects related to your site, you link to your pages as related information.
Just understand that sites like this frown on website owners simply linking
to their sites. You can link when it’s relevant, but you don’t need to say it’s
your own site.
3. Apply as an expert at About.com, or as a blogger at a site such as
B5Media.com. These sites have lots of traffic, and you can link to your
site on your profile page and within articles when appropriate.
4. Offer testimonials for the sales pages of products you enjoy. Internet
marketers love to get them, and most will gladly post an active link or at
least a URL to your site in return.
5. Post lists on your blog and submit them (or better yet, have someone
else submit them) to social news and media sites such as Digg.com.
Items such as “20 Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Browser” and “Top
Five Reasons Reading Is Good for You” are simple enough to come up
with, and they tend to get lots of votes and links because they’re both
informative and easily digestible.
6. Submit material to niche social media websites. While these have less
traffic, it is more targeted, increasing the chance that visitors will be
interested in linking to your site. Here is a list that might help:
7. Try running a pay-per-click campaign to drive traffic to linkworthy
material. If you target the right keywords, this could bring you a fair
amount of links. Set a budget and let the campaign roll.
8. Write and distribute press releases to media websites (PRWeb.com
for example) about special events your business is hosting.
Customer appreciation days are always good in the absence of a special
9. Distribute press releases about new joint ventures. These are often
featured in the business section of TV, radio and online news sites.
10.Launching a new product line? This is an occasion worthy of a press