Hi all. First rank on Google search engine is not unreachable (However, you should keep in mind never promising anyone an exact rank). You can do it, if you'll follow my 7 steps:
1. Know your needs - Why do you want to be #1 in Google results? is it a contest? is it your occupation? In a contest, you can build a simple untidy site. If you do it as an occupation and/or your own profitable site - it's more complex. Nevertheless - know your needs.
2. Meta tags for life - OK, I've heard 1000 times that Google doesn't read meta tags. So what?! Lets make a little experiment: go to Goog', type: Fortuno Winnero. Check out the tittles of the result. Where are they coming from? now go into one of the first results, right click somewhere and click 'view source'. You can now see that the title in the result is the title which is written in the meta tags. ISN'T THAT IMPORTANT? DON'T YOU WANT TO CONTROL THE TITLE GOOGLE SHOWS WHEN YOUR COSTUMER IS SEARCHING FOR YOUR GOODS? I say yes.
4. Use keywords. Don't lay - Yes, indeed you need to use your keywords every where you can, but keep it real. Don't over use it. Goog' pays attention to the word density. If you have one keyword for every 4 other words...you'll most certainly get to the first place (at the 65 page result). You should check out the density of your site with several online density checkers.
5. Exchange links, don't submit - Your page rank (which you can find on the Google toolbar or by online checkers) is updated once in 3-5 month by Goog' experts (we can't say exactly when).
It's calculated by a not-that-complex formula. To do it even more not-that-complex let me just say: exchange links with other sites. Don't use the search engines submission forms, instead, a good link to your site (good= from a site who is dealing with the same subject and/or from a site who has ac/gov/org in it's URL and/or manual indexes like DMOZ) will 'call' the search engine to index your site faster. Ask other sites to put a link to yours and link back to them - ask them to always link to you with the same (exact) URL, and the same title. There's a different between this one: Fortuno Winnero and this one: Fortuno home page. The first sample uses this code: <a href="http://www50.brinkster.com/fortuno/" target="_blank">Cpayscom online casinos </a> the second one is: <a href="http://www50.brinkster.com/fortuno" target="_blank">Cpayscom online casinos </a>. Study the differences, don't make mistakes.
6. Beware of what you should be ware of - ah? Don't exchange links with casino and porn sites unless you have this kind of site. Don't ask why. just don't. Goog' might punish you for that.
7. Don't think, feel! - SEO, online marketing and promotion, are all about the feel. You should listen to Google. search your site, check out HTML validation, watch what others do, don't hesitate to try something new (but always research about it first). Remember - Google's black lists are just waiting to collect your site, don't give them the reason to do it.