EditPadLite, a text editor unlike the others...
EditPadLite is a text editor which advantageously replaces the stark and simplistic notepad provided with Windows. Here are, pell-mell, some of its advantages :
* Possibility to open several files at the same time (management by tab, very convenient)
* Possibility to create file associations (useful when you work on text files type which haven't a TXT extension, such as *.ini or *.cfg files which can be found in some softwares)
* Almost infinite undo actions, and this, even after having saved the modifications (since the file stay opened)
* Vizualisation in your Internet browser (which makes of it a basic HTML editor).
* Wrap managements (line's end or screen's edge)
* Possible indentation of the lines
* Easy conversion to caps or lower case, etc.
* Customisation of the interface (colors and fonts). You can thus decide to write in white on a black background.
* Possibility to define a print font different from the screen font.
* Easy reopening of recents files.
* Advanced functions of Search and Replace (search on the whole word, case-sensistive or not, etc.).
And of course, this program is freeware, so it's free (even if a "Pro" commercial version exists which contains more other features, espacially a color system for the codes). Try it urgently if you're fed up with Notepad !