Here are few tips and trick do by airliners to save its aircraft fuel consume. those are:
1. Using light weight material for airplane mainframe ie :composite material
2. Reduce amount of magazines, newspaper and manual book
3. Reduce onboard food and drink attribute
4. Reduce airplane speed
5. Clean up dust at the engine
6. Change seat with one more simple and lightweight.
7. Reduce volume of toilet water
8. Reduce mainframe colour painting
9. Refurbishment old aircraft with brand new one
10. Using one engine from apron to runway
11. Using Kerosene GTL (Gas To Liguid)
So how much fuel can be saved up
According to Tim Mc Graw, ex-safety and enviroment program director of Northwest Airlines when the aircraft weight reduce to 12,5 kg, it could saved up from 1,9 million until 96 million Lbs of fuel each year which will save company to USD 440,000 each year.
By cleaning up dust stick at the engine, it could save about USD 331 million this year or 3,5 % from total fuel cost reached about USD 9,26 billion.
source: Kompas printed edition