A drop is a chunk of space you can use to store and share anything (pictures, video, audio, docs, etc) privately, without accounts, personal registration, or email addresses. Every drop has its own unique web address which you can use to return to your drop once it has been made. This URL is always in the form "http://drop.io/(your drop name)". For example, if you wanted to access the drop named "example", you would enter the address "http://drop.io/example" into your web browser.
Drop.io can be used for
* for real time project collaboration
* privately sharing videos & photos from parties within a group of friends
* sharing videos & photos for listings like Craigslist as a better way to present your information/ apartment/ car/ etc.
* transferring large files
* quickly sharing documents for a project among a group of co-workers, almost like a mini online office
* creating places to send comments, photos, documents on the fly while on the go or at a meeting
* coordinating group trips by creating a quick space where everyone can share travel plans and photos in real time
* keeping a truly private journal and not have it on a computer hard drive or social network
* as 'tiny url' for files