A great way to build an email list is to publish an email newsletter and
you can then sell products to your subscribers. Here are a few tips on
how to create an email newsletter.
1. Maintain focus. A narrowly focused newsletter performs better than a broad themed one.
This is because it is easier to get people to subscribe to it. Also it
is an excellent way to sell targeted niche products. As an example,
publishing an email newsletter on putting it is likely to do better than
a newsletter on golf in general.
2. Make use of a good auto-responder. It is very important that your
email newsletter gets through spam filters and into a person's email
This is why you need to use a quality auto-responder. Get Response and Aweber are two of the best.
3. Always be consistent. This does not mean that you have to publish every day or even every week if you don't want to.
What is important is that you set a schedule and stick to it. If you
decide on a monthly newsletter then consistently get your newsletter out
every month on the same date so people get used to seeing it.
4. Include useful information. Bear in mind that email newsletters are
not sales letters. You can send out solo email ads for that purpose.
When people receive useful information they will be glad they subscribe
to your newsletter. Also the more unique information you can include in
your newsletter the more subscribers you will get and keep.
5. Use your newsletter to sell advertising. Selling top sponsor adverts,
bottom sponsor adverts, classified adverts and email solo adverts is a
way you can make money. Just don’t over advertise in your newsletter to
the point that people can't find the quality information you provide.
6. Use it for Branding. Ensure that you get the header at the top of
your newsletter. Also if you are going to include colors into your
newsletter make it match the theme of your blog or website.
You will be doing a good job of branding your Internet business when
people get used to seeing the same things over and over from you.
7. Publish several email newsletters. Many Internet marketers branch
into multiple niches but neglect the things that were successful with
when they first started.
The above are a few tips on how to create an email newsletter. You will
discover that an email newsletter that is published on a consistent
basis, to people who choose to receive it, becomes a very valuable