There is proper classification of the burn injuries on the basis of the severity such as first degree, second degree, third degree and fourth degree. These classifications are the major aspects of predicting the current condition of the victim injury. Similarly, on the basis of these classifications we have to apply the treatment measures. Sometimes, these injuries could further broadly categorized as minor and major injury. Therefore, people need to have some basic insights of the injuries in order to apply effective treatments.
At some point sooner or later we could get a minor or major burn injury incident. Instead of aggravating our burn injuries we need to have proper knowledge that would assist us in moving in right direction. The more you are updated with the information the better you can protect yourself and your acquaintances.
Fire is not only the cause of the burn injury hence you have to know that there are several other causes of the injuries such as radiation, electrical, scalding and others. However, treatments are common for all of them depending on the degree of the burn.
• First degree of burn treatment – As its name depicts, it is the least critical situation for the victim where heat only extends to the outer layer of the body, epidermis. Victim will feel pain and have some red color appearance on the skin which part exposed to the heat. Thus, this injury could be healed within minimum one week through the home remedies itself without visiting to the clinic. Simply follow the basic first aid method such as has applying the antiseptic cream on the burn place.
• Second degree burn treatments - As its name refers, it is second degree of injury where deep part of body gets affected with heat which is called hypodermis. In this case victims will suffer from severe pain and get swelling in the burnt place. However, some scarring could also be appeared with the passage of time. In this case you are required to make visit to the hospital and clinic.
• Third degree burn treatments – There is nothing to recommend rather than simply rush for the instant intensive care.
• Fourth Degree Burn treatments – Instead of squandering your time, approach to the best clinic in your nearby areas. The more prompt action you will take reaching to the doctor the better result you will get in terms of less catastrophic outcome.
Some common treatments:
• If the burn injury is minor, you just expose the area to the cold water for 10 minutes. Instead of using ice cubes you just expose your burned areas to the water. Use burn ointments to alleviate the pain and get some relief form eth cream. Avoid applying oil and butter kind of substances.
• In case you are suffering from the major burn injuries, do not use water or other methods instead running to the medical care only. Make sure you remove extra cloth and other accessories as soon as possible before reaching to the doctor.