Los Angeles personal injury attorney is a legal practitioner who offers advice and guidance to victims of personal injuries. Personal injuries include injuries to brain and spinal cord, burn injuries, accidents due to workplace negligence, injuries or death due to medical malpractice etc. Most of these injuries happen due to negligence of another person or a company or an organization. They also have a major impact on the life of the victim- causing temporary incapacitation or permanent impairment. This is turn leads to financial burden, further complicated by temporary or permanent loss of income from the affected individual.Need for engaging the services of a personal injury attorney:
• One would ask, what is the need for incurring the additional expenses of a lawyer, when medical bills are already so high and there has also been a reduction in the gross family income? The answer: an attorney might actually help in better management of finances and easier, faster resolution of several issues.
• Compensation: As mentioned earlier, personal injury may well be a result of gross negligence or willful misconduct. The offending party is therefore under legal obligation to compensate the victim for the trouble. This requires the services of a skilled attorney who can aid in obtaining this compensation in a legal, professional manner.
• Insurance: Many people resort to medical insurance policies in the hope of getting some financial support in time of need. However, it is not always possible for a lay person to successfully claim the due amount because of legal loopholes. An attorney can expedite this process and help the victim to get his insurance delivered.
• Other legal issues: Accidents resulting in severe trauma or even death end up involving the victim in a myriad of legal hassles. Resolution of the same is requires the service of a trusty, compassionate and experience attorney who is genuinely interested in the securing the best results for his clients. Problems faced by victims of personal injury:
• Financial burden: Personal injuries begin siphoning off the finances of a victim’s family from the very begin. Initial medical attention- which may often include surgery- requires immediate transfer of funds to the hospital. Subsequent after care and therapy will continue to put pressure on the dwindling finances. The economic situation of the family becomes worse if the victim is the main bread-winner and there is prolonged or even permanent loss of income because of the accident.
• Psychological trauma: Many forms of personal injury result in scarring or disability or even amputation. Patient may be confined to bed or wheelchair for ever. This subjects the victim to considerable psychological stress which also contributes to deterioration of the patient’s health.
• Rehabilitation issues: Even after recovery, the patient may require extensive rehabilitation to return to normal life. Rehabilitation can sometimes be a very painful process, involving physiotherapy, physical exercise, weaning off painkillers and learning to walk or talk or write in a totally different manner. Patient might have to change jobs to suit his disability. This is a mentally and physically draining process and also requires considerable financial input.