Both of these properties have a plus minus, during the placement of these two properties are indeed the right course, plus the results, otherwise if one placement to a negative. Some parents have a fussy and stubborn nature that makes their family members become confused. How to deal with parents who increasingly fussy and stubborn?
Someone said to have entered old age when the age of 60 years and over and is one phase that must be passed by someone. Upon entering this phase of decline in body systems as well as cognitive function.
"Parents are increasingly fussy and stubborn at times confusing, but that parents want to fight alone, if not resisted making the heart sick. To overcome this should be a more family members in and try to adapt to the conditions of these parents," said Dr. Petrin Redayani LS , SpKJ.
Dr Petrin said the elderly is one phase of the crisis, because at the time of physical changes (muscle weakness and slow thinking), emotional changes which can become more sensitive, and become less active (used to work now retired).
"While the decline in cognitive function such as dementia can be trained or prevented by means remain active, often socialize, communicate, do not restrict the activities and let it do the things she loves. For elderly friend whose name is something very important," said a doctor from the division geriatrics department of psychiatry Faculty of medicine-RSCM.
Dr. Arya Govinda Rooesheroe, SpPD, FINASIM department of geriatrics in internal medicine division FKUI-RSCM said another problem encountered with age is a simple rigid muscles, often in trouble with the bone (porous or calcification) and susceptible to various diseases.
"The impact is receiving various treatments or therapies. But be careful because the elderly kidney function is not optimal, if too many drugs or excessive use can be inappropriate or poison," said Dr. Arya.
Meanwhile, according to Dr. Wanarani Aries, SpRM therapy treatment for the elderly based on a risk-based governance, namely:
1. Risk of falls, the elderly are more susceptible fell compared with young adults.
2. Risk of malnutrition, malnourished vulnerable elderly, especially if it is difficult or does not want to eat that can cause the body to limp and decreased awareness.
3. Risk of mistreatment, while there are a variety of drug therapy should be consumed by the elderly when the kidneys are not optimal and the risk of poisoning the body.
4. Governance elderly neglect, negligence here can be done intentionally or unintentionally due to ignorance of the family.
Yet the character of the parents who are difficult to understand this could be prepared since the person was a teenager or young adult that is by doing good communication with family and social.
Dr Petrin and Dr. Arya to give some tips to be prepared to increase the quality of life for the elderly or the elderly, namely:
1. Doing sport or physical activity routine, for example with joint exercises (to train coordination) or take a walk.
2. Feeding program that is set, adjust the composition of meals and activities so as not to over-activity that could lead to obesity (a risk factor for various diseases) and also no shortage.
3. Conduct periodic inspections since the age of 40 years, especially if you have risk factors for certain diseases of the family.
4. Stay social activities, it is not only physical but also mental benefits, such as cause a sense of delight and stimulate the brain stimulus.
5. Recognizing that the elderly are the phases that must be faced, so that someone more amenable to change his life and closer between the existing realities in the hope that they own.
6. Conducting inter-generation communication and also with neighbors or social, encourage parents to talk and remember the past is a very beautiful thing.