Preparation Time:60 minutes
Cooking time :37 minutes
For the chicken : 1 medium chicken (1.25 kgs. approx.), cut into 8 pieces; 1 cup thich curds, whisked; 3 tablespoons ginger paste; 3 tablespoons garlic paste; salt to taste.
For the masala: 2 cups onions, finely chopped; 1 cup tomatoes, finely chopped; 3 to 4 green chillies, finely chopped; 1 teaspoon coriander powder ; 1 teaspoon turmeric powder; 1 teaspoon chilli powder; 1 teaspoon garam masala; 2 tablespoons kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves); 3 tablespoons oil.
For the garnish: 4 tablespoons chopped coriander.
For the chicken:
1. Clean and cut the chickenand keep aside.
2. In a big bowl, add curd, ginger paste, garlic paste and salt and marinate the chicken in this mixture for atleast one hour.
For the masala:
1. In a microwave safe bowl, combine the oil and onions and microwave on HIGH for 13 and half minutes, stirring after every 5 minutes, till golden brown.
2. Add the tomatoes, green chillies, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala and microwave on HIGH for another 10 minutes till the oil seperates from the masala, stirring once after 5 minutes.
How to proceed:
1. In a microwave safe bowl mix together the cooked masala and the marinated chicken and microwave on HIGH for 12 minutes, stirring one or twice in between.
2. Add the kasuri methi reduce the power to 70% and microwave for 2 more minutes. Serve hot, garnished with the coriander.
Handy tip: Kasuri Methi is available at most provision stores and sold prepacked.
NUTRITIVE VALUES PER SERVING: ENERGY 694 Kcal,PROTIEN 87.4 gms, CHO 12.4 gms, FAT 28.8 gms, FIBRE 0.7 gms