is an authentic Asian Dish that has become popular world wide. There are many cooks around the world who make great fried rise but lack the auhenticity of the dish. That is because they overlook two most importan and secret ingredients of any Asian cuisine: sesame oil and ginger root. The things that are required for making authentic fried rice are as follows:
- A non stick frying pan
- White or green onion
- Sesame oil and other vegetale oil
- Fres/frozen vegetables
- Medium or long grain white rice
- Soy sauce
- Grated ginger root
Now that we have assembed all the necessary ingredients for making authentic fried rice, we can proceed further with the proces of it. Have a look at the step by step guide given below, that can help you better in this regard:
1. Take a non stic frying pan and put a tbsp sesame oil in it. Now place this pan over medium heat. Use an egg or two and scramble lighty in the oil. After they have scrambled nicely, remove them from the pan. Now put another tbsp of sesame oil in the non stick frying pan an add in it: some tbsp of chopped onions and some tbsp of chopped ham. You can use either green onions or white or yellow onions. Instead of the ham you can also choose to use shrimp or combination of ham and shrimp and also use tofu. However if you are using tofu; you shall have to fry it sparately in another friying pan using a little oil and some soy sauce. Fry the tofu till it develops a slight skin an than you can add it to the main frying pan. Make sure that the onions are fried till become tranlucent.
2. After the onions become a bit tranlucent in color, you have to add the vegetables to it and continue stir frying them till become cooked through. It is adviced that you use vegetables like: cabbage, beans, corn, peas, celery, sprouts and carrots.
3. Now you shall have to add about 3 cups of cooked rice. Make sure that when you add the rice, it should be cooled medium. Also importan to keep the rice dry an not moist.
4. After having added the cooked, dry and cooled long grain white rice to the pan, you have to stir fry all the contens together lightly for some minutes, As the rice is already cooked, you do not have to overcook it. Just allow the rice to combine with all the ingredients in the pan nicely.
5. Now take 1 tbsp of grated ginger root and add it in to the frying pan. Also add to it a tbsp of soy sauce. this will bring in the taste. Make sure that you add some ground pepper and then again stir fry all the contens of the pan for a minute. This will that the soy sauce and the pepper get mixed in the rice evenly. Don't forget to add scrambed eggs on top of auhentic fried rice before serving it!