Secret of Delicious French Broth
Quality natural broth is the key behind the delicacy of French cuisine. In addition to using beef, chicken, or fish broth as the base material, there are other ingredients were added, namely:
1. Mirepoix: Mixture of vegetables consisting of carrots, onions, and celery sticks. This combination is able to strengthen the flavor and remove the natural sweetness that makes savory broth increased
2. Bouquet Garni: Bouquet on this one instead contains a flower, but a mixture of Anke aromatic leaves are tied into one, which is used for the manufacture of fish broth, chicken, and beef. Consisting of bay leaf, thyme, parsley, basil, rosemary, and tarragon. To the broth is not turbid, mixed herbs are usually incorporated into the bag of filter cloth called chhesecloth
3. Bay Leaf: At a glance, bay leaf shape is similar to bay leaves. This Mediterranean native plants are widely used to scent the broth, giving the flavor taste in processed meat, poultry, fish, vegetables, and nuts. For sale in the form of fresh, dried, and powder in small bottles.
4. Thyme: Plants with a small leaf shape and stem leaves are long, think this is one of Mediterranean aromatic herbs to add flavor to the dish of beef, poultry, and seafood.Dapat found in the form of dry powder in plastic bottle packaging.
5. Basil: The shape is similar to basil leaves, but leaf size more besar.Sering used in European and Asian cuisine. Usually used for processed fish and salads. Now, fresh basil leaves quite easy to find in large supermarkets. If no, can use the basil leaves in dried form.
6. Parsley: Plant with serrated leaves form has a unique fragrance especially on leaves. in the market we can see him in the form of fresh leaves
7. Rosemary: At first glance looks like tarragon, only the tip more pointed and more rimbun.Sering used to cover the less savory aroma of foodstuffs, such as fish or goat. Usually sold in dried form or fresh
8. Tarragon: Herbs with a thin elongated leaf shape is often used in a variety of dishes, from seafood to processed eggs. In the market sold in fresh and dry powder in bottle.