Why is the test performed myelography
Myelography done because some of the following reasons:
1. To find the tumor and herniation segment that can clog the flow of CSF partial or total.
2. To help detect arachnoiditis, trauma to the spine sarfaf network.
What should you know before the test myelography?
1. You need to be fasting and restricting fluids for 8 hours before the test myelography. If
the tests are scheduled during the day myelography and hospital policy
allows it, then before the test myelography you should not drink water.
will be notified of the test myelography, including who will perform
tests myelography, which funds myelography how long the test took place
(usually an hour or more). You need to be hospitalized overnight in the hospital.
3. Tell your doctor if you are allergic to iodine, shellfish (like shrimp or shellfish), or contrast fluid used in other tests. You will be informed about possible side effects of the contrast fluid is injected in the test myelography. You will feel a little pain because of your position during the test at the time of myelography and insert the needle.
4. Tell your doctor if you have ever had seizures. Myelography just before the test, you must remove all metal objects perhiasanatau else that would block the X-rays.
will get a miraculous drug, such as enemas, sleeping pills to make you
relax, and medications to reduce swelling during the test.
6. You need to sign a letter stating your approval to conduct tests myelography. Be sure to read it carefully and ask questions if there are parts you do not understand.
What happened during the test myelography?
1. You will be laid on the table, with her chin resting on his chest and knees menekuksamapai to the stomach.
2. The doctor inserts a needle in the lower back, in the area anatara two segments. Will be taken a little back of the spinal fluid for routine examination.
3. Your nurse will lay face down and put the rope on the upper back, under arms, and on your ankle. You need to straighten your chin to prevent the flow of contrast fluid through the areas that are not checked.
4. The doctor injects contrast fluid and tilt the table so That the contrast fluid to flow in the spinal cord area, you will from the feel on fire momentarily at the time of injection. After the injection you Will feel warm and flushed, while headache, or salty taste in the mouth, you may even feel nausea and vomiting.
5. Tell your nurse or doctor if you experience headache, difficulty swallowing or breathing short. During the test myelography you can rest periodically.
6. Doctors observing the flow of contrast fluid and perform X-ray irradiation. After irradiation the results obtained are satisfactory, the doctor pulled the needle. Later perawata clean the puncture site with antiseptic solution and bandaging.What happens after the test myelography?
1. Usually you will rest in the hospital for 6 to 24 hours and got oabt for pain. The nurse will check you every half hour for 4 hours and then every 4 hours.
2. Drink extra fluids. The nurse will ask you to urinate at least once within 8 hours after the test myelography.
3. Tell the nurse if you feel pain in the back, headache, a stiff neck tau. If there are no complications, you can go home and kemablai to a normal diet after the test da activity myelography.Is the test myelography at risk?
general, myelography is not performed if the brain in people with
increased pressure, fluid terhadapa contrast allergy or iodine, or
infkesi in place of needle insertion.
What is a normal result?
tests can indicate the location of problems within or around the spinal
cord tissue, such as disc herniation and tumor sections. If tests confirm the tumor, the patient was immediately taken to the operating room.
petrified to locate or confirm the rupture segment, spinal narrowing,
or abscess, and sometimes for confirmation purposes pemebedahan. The
test can also detect syringomyelia myelography (disorder characterized
pengisin fluid in the cavity in the spinal cord tissue and the widening
of the spinal cord itself). Arachnoiditis, and trauma to the spinal cord tissue.