3 fresh and juicy carrots
1 big ripe tomato
1/4 tsp crushed ginger
3-4 mint leaves
2-3 basil leaves
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. pepper powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. fresh cream
3 glasses water
1 cup water for boiling carrots
1. Mince or chop mint and basil leaves very fine.
2. Wash carrots, scrape and cut in chunks.
3. Chop tomato into big chunks
4. Add water for boiling
5. Put carrot and tomatoes and boil
6. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Pour into large plate, cool very well.
8. Put carrots mixture in a mixie
9. Add lemon juice, ginger, salt, sugar, pepper.
10. Run till carrots well pulped.
11. Add water. Run to mix well.
12. When well blended, strain through sieve.
13. Add mint and basil leaves, stir.
14. Serve chilled in tall glasses, with a small swirl of cream over top.
Making Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 4 glasses approx.
Shelflife: Best fresh