Round picture frames add a unique style and shape to any picture frame collection. There are many different types of decorative round picture frames however, not every photo will look good in a round frame so you need to be careful. After you have read this article, you will have a better understanding of what type of pictures to avoid in round frames and which ones will look the best so youll always select the right frame for your photos.
Round picture frames are an interesting way to display pictures, but unfortunately most people put the wrong type of photos in them. So, to help you avoid the pitfalls of using round frames, its best to start off with the types of photos to avoid using in round frames.
What to Avoid With Round Frames
Round picture frames are a great choice in certain circumstances, but there are times when you should avoid using a round frame. Here are the top two types of photos to avoid when displaying round picture frames:
1) Close-up Headshots: The round shape of the frame tends to give faces a more full appearance. No one wants to have a round or full face so dont place a close up head-shot photo in a round frame no matter how much you love the frame. In almost every case it will be unflattering to the person in the picture so dont do it. The only case where up close pictures look good in round frames are pictures of babies.
However, this doesnt mean you cant do headshots of people in a round frame but just dont get too close. If you’re far enough away, headshots can look great framed but you should always pay attention to how the frame makes the person’s face look.
2) Cropping the Photo Too Tight: When cropping your photo to fit in your round frame be careful to not crop the photo too tight to the subject in your picture. You want the subject in the picture to have some spacing around them so they dont look like they were crammed into the frame. Any picture you display in a round picture frame needs to have the subject positioned with an equal amount of space around them so the picture and frame complement each other.
Remembering not to crop your pictures too tight and not to use close up shots are two important rules that are easy to follow. That leaves a whole bunch of photos that you can use in round picture frames.
The Types of Photos to Use in Round Picture Frames
There are many pictures that will look great in a round picture frame. Round picture frames help add a unique look to your decor and your photo no matter if you display it by itself or as part of a wall display. Here are just a few ideas of what will look great in a round picture frame:
1) Landscape pictures are wonderfully suited for a round picture frame. Framing a landscape photo in a round frame makes it look like you’re gazing through a small window at the outside scenery. Round frames are great to use with landscape pictures taken at a distance so it best fits the dimensions of the frame.
2) Pets look great choice for round small picture frames. No matter if it’s a picture of their head or their entire body, the compact size of most pets makes them a great candidate for a round picture frame.
3) Drawings, sketches, needlepoint or other artwork can be beautifully displayed in a round picture frame. If you’re looking for a decorative way to display your favorite photo or small piece of artwork, consider using a round picture frame.
4) Baby pictures are an excellent choice for round picture frames. Round frames and the cute round shape of babies look great together. Just make sure to center your baby’s picture properly within the baby frame for best results.
5) Dont limit your thinking to pictures. There are so many artistic ways to display a round picture frame. Mirrors add depth and light to any room. Not only will you have a useful item on your wall, but it will add a beautiful stylish touch to your decor.
If you’ve never used a round frame, now is a good time to try one. Now that you know what to avoid and what type of photo looks best in a round frame you will feel confident selecting a round picture frame that will add a stylish beauty to your home.