You could try any of the repellants available in the market alternatively you could mix boric
powder in wheat flour
and knead it to a dough. Roll out tiny balls of this dough and keep them in places frequented by the insects.Caution: Keep them out of reach of small children
To avoid cockroaches from gaining a re-entry into homes:
• Swab the floor daily.
• Add phenyl to the water used for swabbing (in case of marble tiled floors use white phenyl).
• Do not stack used utensils in the sink overnight. If possible clean utensils and sink in the night itself.
• Clean bathrooms and toilets daily.
• Naphthalene balls in bathrooms and kitchen repel cockroaches.
• Don''t keep damp clothes in the bathroom for long hours.
• Wash your home with water and soap once a week to rid it of all unpleasant creepy crawlies.
Apart from flies, ants are the other species of insects that haunt your kitchen. Here are some really cools ways of keeping them away:
• Some essence of peppermint on a piece of cotton wool is supposed to be a good ant-deterrent.
• You could also try sprinkling bicarbonate of soda or boric powder in shelves.
• Sprinkle powdered cloves on shelves and in drawers.
• To destroy anthills, pour boiling water into them (cruel alternative, so avoid unless absolutely necessary).
• A saucer full of cloves and paraffin would make them run.
• Mop kitchen shelves and cabinets with a cloth dipped in "neem" oil and water mixture. Add five drops "neem" oil to half a cup of water.
• Wipe your kitchen with a cloth dipped in vinegar.
Once the ants thus disappear, try and follow the tips given below to avoid the future incoming ants.
• Swab the floors daily.
• Add phenyle to the bucket of water you would use for swabbing.Do note that if you have marble tiled floors then use white phenyle.
• Do not keep utensils for cleaning in the sink for next day morning. If possible clean the utensils and sink in the evening itself.
• Clean your bathrooms, toilets and kitchen daily.
• Don''t keep wet clothes in the bathroom for hours together.
• Once in a week pour water thoroughly and clean the house. By doing this not only the kitchen room but the entire house gets cleaned.
• Keep the overall environment clean and make sure that food particles (often dropped carelessly while snackingare swept away immediately.