Pumpkin (Cucurbita popo L.) - A member of the Gourd family, pumpkins are high in vitamin C for all-around tissue building and healing.
Spa Index Papaya Pumpkin Facial
2/3 cup fresh papaya, mashed
15 oz. can pure pumpkin
1 egg, beaten
1. Prepare the mask.
2. Cut the papaya in half and scoop out the seeds.
3. Scoop out the papaya fruit and mash it well to eliminate lumps in the mask.
4. Beat the egg until it is frothy.
5. Combine that with the papaya.
6. Add the pumpkin to the egg/papaya mixture and whip together. You can also mix the ingredients in the blender or a food processor for an extra smooth mask.
7. Prepare your face. Wash with your daily cleanser and remove all residual makeup on your skin.
8. Rinse with warm water. It''s very important to have clean skin to ensure you get maximum benefits from the facial.
9. Apply the Mask. Cover your entire face, being careful to avoid the immediate eye area. If you have sensitive skin, test the mixture on your hand before spreading it on your face. You''ll feel some tingling as the enzymes in the pumpkin go to work immediately -- gently exfoliating your top layer of skin. It works like a scrub without being abrasive to your skin.
10. Leave the mask on for 10 minutes.
11. Rinse Off Mask. After you''ve relaxed for ten minutes it''s time to rinse. The mask is fairly thick -- head for the kitchen sink.
12. Apply Toner & Moisturizer.
Lavender (Lavandula spp.) - This beautiful flowers properties include: relaxant, antispasmodic, tonic for the nervous system, antibacterial, analgesic, and antiseptic. It''s a mood lifter.
Spa Index Lavender Hand and Foot Wash
Use this wash to relieve red and inflamed hands and feet.
1/2 cup dried Lavender Flowers
1/2 cup finely chopped Fresh Sage
2 cups of water
8 drops of Lavender Oil
1. In a saucepan, combine lavender flowers, sage and water.
2. Simmer, covered, on low heat for 20 minutes.
3. Strain mixture through cheesecloth and let cool.
4. Discard the solids, retain the liquid.
5. Add Lavender Oil, shake to emulsify, and then apply to hands and feet with a soft wash cloth or cotton pads.
6. Repeat as necessary, or desired.