Some definitions task:
Health: the case of integration of physical, psychological, mental, social, and not merely absence of disease.
A mental health are: possession of abilities and skills that enable the individual to face the daily challenges as appropriate.
School health are: the concepts, principles, systems and services for health promotion in school-age students, and promote the health of the community through schools.
And school health majors are not independent and it is a crystallization of a group of science and knowledge of public health preventive medicine and epidemiology, health education, biostatistics and environmental health, nutrition, oral health, dental and nursing.
Importance of school health:
1 - represents the children in this age group (study) a significant proportion of the community up to one quarter of the population, the school provides a major opportunity for health care in this category.
2 - All members of the community is going through all classes in school, where there is opportunity to influence them and equip them with information and Otwedhm on health behavior
3 - This stage of life phase of growth and development of the child and the maturity and during which many changes of physical, mental, social, emotional, and must be available to students in this age effects sufficient for the occurrence of such changes in the natural boundaries.
4 - in the circumstances of schools and school-age children are more susceptible to infectious and communicable diseases as they are more prone to injuries and accidents.
5 - in the school-age children acquire behaviors regarding life in general and health in particular and the need to help the educational atmosphere in the acquisition of these habits as school provides an atmosphere appropriate to amend the wrong behaviors.
Objectives of school health:
Activities and aims of school health programs to: -
- Evaluating the health of the students identify the health indicators for the health of students in all fields.
- Save the health of students and health indicators within the required level, and promote the health of students.
The detailed objectives of any system dealing with school health should include the following: -
1) the definition of employees in the field of education and health priorities of the health problems in school age.
2) to give the existing school health skills of planning, implementation and evaluation of school health programs.
3) give the workers in the educational field of health capacity and skills necessary for early detection of health problems.
4) provide the workers with skills in school health education in school.
5) help students, educators and health workers to monitor and improve the environment of school health.
6) provision of health services that preserve and enhance the health of students and the school community.
7) Coordination with other health agencies in the provision of treatment services developed.
Development of school health systems: -
1) School Health began the start of treatment in terms of the purpose and content.
2) began to shift to the provision of preventive services, such as infection control and immunizations and procedures for dealing with infectious diseases.
3) moved to rely on doctors and nursing staff to the clinical categories of specialized but less qualified as supervisor of health and health visitor and intellectual health and school health nurses and technicians oral and dental health.
4) the growing interest in providing services, health promotion and primary prevention of common diseases in the community.
5) turned into health services provided in the school to deal with physical problems, behavioral problems and to try to prevent the acquisition of negative health behaviors of students such as smoking, drug addiction and illicit sexual practices.
6) moved from the work of school health clinics and hospitals within educational institutions, educational and school.
7) school health services shifted from merely being a function of the doctors, nurses and clinical staff to participate in the functions of family members with the educational focus in particular on the role of the teacher.
8) turned the school health from being the responsibility of the institution or one department to the work of coordinating combine the efforts of all concerned, and this trend growing in the world, but he is more Thblora in industrialized countries, has held the American Association of School Health annual conference, the third and seventy underthe slogan: "Cooperation: The word chosen for the twenty-first century."