Constipation refers to rare bowel movement, unfinished evacuation of bowel, decrease in the volume or weight of the bowel. It may also pass on to passage of small amounts of hard and dry bowel movements. It is the trouble in the digestive tract that gives rise to a lot of other ailments in the body. The infrequent bowel group does not allow the removal of toxins produced in the body. As a result they find their way in the blood stream from where they enter all parts of the body causing malfunctioning of the parts.
1. Uncommonness, irregularity in removal of hard faecal matter
2. The most ordinary symptoms of constipation are infrequency, irregularity or obscurity in elimination of the hard faecal matter.
3. Coated tongue, Foul breath, headache, depression etc
4. The other signs include a coated tongue, foul breath, loss of appetite, headache, giddiness, dark circles under the eyes, depression, nausea, pimples on the face, ulcer in the mouth, constant fullness in the abdomen, diarrhea alternating with constipation, varicose veins, pain in the lumbar region, acidity, heart burn, and insomnia
Read more information on http://www.herbalcureindia.com/triphala-trifala.htm
Causes of Constipation
1. Faulty diet and method of living
2. The most significant causes of chronic constipation are a faulty diet and style of living.
3. Inadequate intake of water, strong tea and coffee etc
4. Intake of refined and rich foods lacking in vitamins and minerals, insufficient intake of water, consumption of meat in large quantities, excessive use of strong tea and coffee, inadequate chewing, overeating and wrong combination of foods, irregular habits of eating and drinking may all give to poor bowel function.
5. Irregular habit of defecation, lack of physical movement
6. Other factors include faulty and irregular habit of defecation, frequent use of purgatives, weakness of abdominal muscles due to sedentary habits, lack of physical activity, and emotional anxiety and strain.
How Exercise Can Prevent Constipation? A regular exercise is essential for a healthy life. Walking is one of the best forms of exercise. Exercises that focus on the abdominal region are great for helping the body continually perform it's natural tasks - and can help to prevent constipation by keeping the muscles of the large and small intestines working properly. Many times, constipation afflicts the aged and invalids because of poor muscle tone in the intestines due to lack of exercise. If you are able to exercise, you should plan an exercise routine that is appropriate for your age and ability and that is easy to maintain. Along with a healthy diet, this is the most natural constipation remedy. Other Constipation Remedies Anyone can suffer from constipation - at any time. The most important thing is a healthy diet and exercise - taking care of your digestive system and giving it every opportunity to work correctly. Still, you may find yourself afflicted with constipation. Before you run out and buy laxatives or other constipation remedies, be sure to check with your physician to be sure that you are actually suffering from constipation. Many physicians will recommend medications for more severe cases. Before you begin taking any medications, be sure you discuss them with your doctor and learn of potential side effects and possible interactions with other medications. Constipation itself is sometimes a side effect of medications. Here are a few more constipation remedies, some will help you to avoid constipation and some will help you once the symptoms are present:
Diet for Constipation Sufferers
If your constipation is associated to diet, however, simple additions of fiber-rich foods and non-dehydrated fluids are your best way of treatment.
Drink abundance of Purified Water
One of the main causes of constipation is a shortage of hydration. You should drink 6 to 8 glasses of purified water each day to encourage a healthy bowel. Adding lots of water is always superior in the diet for constipation sufferers.
Five servings of all-natural fruits and vegetables each day can develop your bowel
Here is a list of some best Home Remedies for Constipation:
1. Drink some warm milk before you go to bed.
2. If you are experiencing chronic constipation then add two spoons of castor oil in the warm milk and drink it. Do this probably on an off day.
3. Take a lemon or two to work and squeeze its juice in warm water and keep sipping on it. Do not add sugar or salt.
4. Eat only 3 times or a maximum of 4 times a day. Eat only when hungry and take food from home to office or an outing.
5. While cooking use asafoetida, cumin powder, turmeric powder and coriander which make the food easily digestible.
6. Give up non-veg, deep fried, dried fruits, cabbage, cauliflower and a few pulses like dal for some time as they lead to gas and toxins.
7. In one meal consume a common family of food. Like do not mix pulses, cereals, vegetables all at one time. Spread them out in different meals.