Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) is an ordinary grievance that affects more than 50% of men over the age of 50. From the age of around 30 onwards, the amount of testosterone a man produce begins to decline progressively, and the rate at which free testosterone is broken down into its metabolite di-hydro-testosterone (DHT) increases.
DHT concentrations influence numerous systems in the male body, and high levels of DHT are frequently linked to hair loss as well as enlarged prostate. DHT binds to the hair follicles, depriving them of oxygen and nutrients, gradually thinning the hair and causing the root to die.
Read more on http://www.herbalcureindia.com/male-health.html
Symptoms of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
Most symptoms of BPH start slowly. One symptom is the need to get up more often at night to urinate. Another symptom is the need to unfill the bladder often during the day. Extra symptoms comprise difficulty in starting the urine flow and dribbling after urination ends. The size and power of the urine stream may decrease.
These symptoms can be caused by other things besides BPH. They may be signs of more grave diseases, such as a bladder disease or bladder cancer. Tell your doctor if you have some of these symptoms, so he or she can decide which tests to employ to find the possible cause.
Causes of BPH: -
Changes in hormone balance that really occur when a man is in his 40's seem to be the pre-dominant cause of benign prostatic hyperplasia. With age, testosterone levels decrease, whereas extra hormone levels rise. This results in the enlargement of the gland and resulting tightening of the urethra within the gland. Other causes of BPH comprise neoplasm, arteriosclerosis, irritation, and metabolic or nutritional disturbances.
Home Remedies and Natural Cure for Benign Prostatic
1. Avoid caffeine in several forms like aerated beverages, chocolates and of course coffee and tea as it tightens the bladder neck creating evils for urination.
2. Avoid consumption of alcohol as this too tightens the bladder neck which could hamper urination. Alcohol is a diuretic and increases urine in the bladder thus creating extra evils.
3. Keep away from antihistamines and decongestants as it is more hurtful than beneficial.
4. Stay away from spicy and acidic foods as it affects men radically with enlarged prostrates.
5. Be stress-free as it impacts the prostrate gland. Stress can increase adrenal hormones which causes complexity in urination.
6. One of the best ways to alleviate urination trouble is to have more sex. Ejaculation empties the prostrate secretion that hinders urination.
7. Attempt to empty your bladder before going to bed.
8. Saw Palmetto, herb widely used in Germany is extremely useful in treating Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH). It reduces inflammation, ache, nocturnal urination, retention, problem in starting urination and dribbling. This should be used for 6 to 12 months and is extremely effective.
9. Goldenseal, an antibiotic is extremely useful for treating prostatitis. It also heals the urinary tract which winces the swollen prostrate.
10. Lycopene a bioflavonoid extract from tomato reduces dribbling. With strong antioxidant properties it prevents prostrate cancer too.