Menopause refers to the stoppage of menstruation and a stage when the female reproductive period of life comes to an end. It is a usual event in the life of every woman that occurs in the mid or late forties. The entire chain of the endocrine glands is affected that results in diverse unfavorable changes in the body. The changes caused by menopause differ from person to person.
Causes of Menopause
Menopause is a natural phenomenon that occurs in females with the previous age. There are two female hormones progesterone and estrogen. With the age ovaries discontinue producing usual amounts of estrogen and the regular production of progesterone comes to an end, as a result a hormonal imbalance is created in the female body.
Read more on http://www.herbalcureindia.com/depression/headache/menopause.html
Symptoms of Menopause
1. Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling
2. Bouts of rapid heart beat
3. Irritability, Mood swings
4. Sudden tears
5. Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)
6. Irregular periods; shorter, lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding; phantom periods, shorter cycles, longer cycles
7. Loss of libido
8. Dry vagina
9. Crashing fatigue MORE INFO
10. Anxiety, feeling ill at ease
Home Remedies for Menopause
1. Beet juice is extremely beneficial in the menopause treatment. It should be taken in a dose of 60-90 ml thrice a day.
2. Combine ingredients of 2 teaspoons of cohosh root tincture, 1 teaspoon of don quai root tincture, 1 teaspoon of sarsaparilla tincture, 1 teaspoon of licorice root tincture, 1 teaspoon of chaste tree tincture, 1-teaspoon ginseng root tincture and take 3 dropperfuls a day. This is one of the effectual home remedies for menopause.
3. Combine ingredients of 1 ounce of almond oil, 2 drops of geranium essential oil, one capsule of 1,000 IU of Vitamin E and apply inside and outside the vagina twice a day to prevent dryness. This is a extremely good and effective home remedy for menopause.
4. Liquorice is considered one of the most efficient natural remedies for menopause. One teaspoon of powder is recommended daily in this situation.
5. A small dose of 2 grams of Indian spikenard is an efficient remedy for different complications caused by menopause.
6. Menopause causes severe calcium deficiency. Vitamin D and magnesium are essential for the assimilation of calcium. The recommended allowances are 1000 units of natural vitamin D, 500 milligrams of magnesium and two grams of calcium. This is one of the menopause remedy.
7. The herb Indian spikenard is good natural remedy for menopause. It should be taken in small doses of 2 gm every day in this condition.
8. 50-100 units of vitamin E are optional every day. This is one of the best menopause cures.
9. Take 700-800 mg. of evening primrose oil at least thrice in a day. This is an extremely good home remedy for menopause.
10. Special supplements of vitamin C, B6 and pantothenic acid should also be taken. This is one of the efficient menopause remedy.